4/20/2007

Web Hosting Questions for Our Readers

My brother-in-law has asked me to help him design, maintain and moderate a web page for his business, and I'm looking for some recommendations. He's already purchased the domain names, but I don't know if he's already got a web host. He wants the web site(s) to be a forum layout, where industry professionals can share ideas. Here are my thoughts and questions.

-I'm very familiar with Microsoft's OS and security, so I will be using a Microsoft O.S.

-I'm a little familiar with IIS, (plus it's free) so I will probably use IIS.

-Can you recommend a good software package that will help me design and maintain a forum-style web site? I'm pretty good with computers and design software, but I'm not a code jockey. I don't want to write the code for the site, and I don't want to spend a fortune on software.

What am I overlooking? What software do you recommend?

Note: I don't usually do this, but I cross-posted today's entry on my personal blog site as well.

No comments:

Previous Comics